A full, clean UK Driving Licence is required. Tools and a car will be provided.
Hands on repairs and maintenance work.
Independent working with a high level of accountability.
It is crucial that you have an eye for detail and a passion for delivering the highest quality results.
At Madison Hill we offer a portfolio of short let apartments in the Clapham area. All are serviced, self-contained and fully furnished to provide guests all the comforts of home.
In your role, you will ensure that Madison Hill properties are secured, maintained, and presented to the highest standard, whilst liaising with our guests to provide an extraordinary customer experience.
You will be responsible for identifying, organising, and performing tasks relating to property maintenance, property management, and customer service.
- Planning and carrying out day to day maintenance and repairs
- Painting and decorating
- Basic plumbing work
- Basic electrical work
- Carpentry work
- Grounds’ maintenance such as jet-washing patios, grass cutting and basic gardening
- Arranging and managing outside contractors for major repair work
- Coordinating and undertaking risk assessments, maintenance reports and safety audits, ensuring the highest levels of safety and compliance in our properties
- Supporting cleaners, by packing and delivering linens
- Ensuring the company vehicle is maintained and clean
Examples of the type of maintenance work you will be doing:
- Changing a tap
- Replacing sockets and switches
- Laying decking
- Hanging blinds
- Assembling flat pack furniture
- Rehanging doors, changing door handles
- Setting up Wi-Fi routers
- Cleaning carpet and upholstery
- 2+ years handyman experience
- Trade related qualification
- CSCS card and/or proven Health & Safety awareness and training
- Live within a 30-minute commute of SW12
- Right to work in the UK
- Full clean UK drivers’ license
- Able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Basic DBS check
- Experience in a similar role
Your working pattern may vary but you are generally on site 09:30 – 18:30, 5 days a week, with a 1 hour unpaid break.
You will be on call for out of hours emergencies 14 days per month.
Salary: Up to £30K
Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays
Apply by sending your CV and a supporting statement explaining why you want the role and how your skills and experience meet the criteria.
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The principles that guide us:
- Take an interest
Get to know our customers, put yourself in their shoes, try to understand what they need so we can offer a genuine, personal service.
- Take responsibility
Our customers are often far from home or in stressful situations. Make it your business to make sure their problems are resolved. Don’t pass the buck or assume that it’s someone else’s job!
- Keep our promises
Both to our customers and to each other. Our business is nothing without our reputation. We want to be famous for doing what we say we will.
- Make things simple
More than anything our customers and partners appreciate an easy life – do everything you can to make things simple.